RISEX 2019 Model Railway Exhibition
Community Centre(adjacent to Springs swimming pool), Wades Park, Stratton Road, Princes Risborough, Bucks, HP27 9AX
Saturday 23rd February 10.00-5.00
Adults £4.00, Child £2.00
Avoid the crowds and visit in the afternoon when it is quieter!
Layouts Confirmed to date (November 2018)
- Central Works O Gauge, Exhibited by Luton Model Railway Club, The location is based on the intense network of sidings that once existed at Longbridge, Birmingham. This enables us to run a great variety of locos and stock from the late 1950s through to the 1960s.
- Grange West Tramway O-16.5 Gauge, Exhibited by John Dean, The layout is a fictitious narrow gauge system situated in the middle of England. It is modelled in O-16.5 (7mm) and depicts Beldam Road Station on a non tramway section.
- Canute Road Quay, OO Gauge, Exhibited by Graham ‘Muz’ Muspratt, Canute Road Quay is a dock / quayside layout located somewhere around the Canute Road area within Southampton Docks operated primarily by the Southern Railway between 1946 to 1949. Occasionally it can be operated in different eras such as early or late British Railways periods.
- Ealing Road, OO Gauge, Exhibited by Missenden Modellers, Built for the Channel 5 TV series 'The Great Model Railway Challenge', the theme of the heat was ‘Movies’ and the team opted to base theirs on a medley of the Ealing Studios films of the early fifties.
- Mount Road Shed, OO Gauge, Mark Bacon, Set in the late 1960s, almost at the end of steam, see this fictitious shed that has been created based upon Mark's early childhood memories of Leicester.
- Norwood Road, OO Gauge, Exhibited by Simon Paley, With Norwood Road set in the 21st Century, it remains unchanged since BR Days, services are now in the hands of Southern and London Overground, while also seeing some Thameslink Services as the route is used as an occasional diversionary route.
- Ottilies, OO Gauge, Exhibited by Andrew Hicks, This is a double sided layout set in Yorkshire during the LNER period, with a town station scene on one side and a county station scene on the other, the whole layout folds in half for storage.
- Lemmington Park, HO Gauge, Exhibited by Western Model Railway Society, A station in the outskirts of Chicago, on what was once a through line but now truncated to serving as an outer-suburban terminus receiving push-pull trains as used by Metra.
- Whitmoor, N Gauge, Exhibited by Astolat Model Railway Circle , The layout has a continuous run, via a fiddle yard, on a double main line through the station. Additional terminal platforms at one end of the station are intended for branch line traffic and suburban traffic to the "big city". The layout includes a goods yard and locomotive depot.