RISEX 2017 Model Railway Exhibition
Community Centre(adjacent to Springs swimming pool), Wades Park, Stratton Road, Princes Risborough, Bucks, HP27 9AX
Saturday 17th February 10.00-5.00
Adults £4.00, Child £2.00
Avoid the crowds and visit in the afternoon when it is quieter!
Layouts Confirmed to date (October 2017)
- Battlefield Estate O Gauge, Exhibited by Stuart Marshall, The layout is set in the late 1920s to early 1930s before the Wall Street Crash though Britain at the time was in a deep recession. The estate’s steam locomotives are gradually being replaced by diesels as and when they needed extensive repairs.
- Belbroughton O Gauge, Exhibited by Western Model Railway Society, Belbroughton in North Worcestershire is village in an area bounded by Kidderminster, Bromsgrove, Longbridge and Stourbridge. In real life the village never had a railway but this is what could have been if the LMS and GWR had built a line into the town in the 1950s.
- Trowland, 22.45mm Gauge, Exhibited by Trevor Nunn, Trowland is set somewhere on the North Norfolk coast, close to the salt marshes and the sea. The Eastern & Midland Railway became part of the Midland & Great Northern Railway in 1893, and we see it, as it might have been, a year or so later.
- Aylesbury Town, P4 Gauge, Exhibited by Risborough & District MRC, See our under construction scale model of this station, set in the 1950/60s, this will allow a mix of stock, GC, Metropolitan, LNER, GW, BR etc, with both through trains and stopping services(north & south), with local trains for Amersham, plus branch trains to Risborough.
- Tanybwlch, OO9 Gauge, Exhibited by Nigel Smith, Tanybwlch is modelled on the station which marks the half way point on the Ffestiniog Railway, set during late summer/early autumn between the early 1990s and the present day.
- Porlock, OO Gauge, Exhibited by Hemel Hempstead Model Railway Society, Porlock is based on Exmoor village station, we operate the layout either in the GWR period or BR Western region featuring steam passenger services, railcars, autocoaches and freight services.
- Chica, Illinois, HO Gauge, Exhibited by Peter North, Chica is a fictional Southern Illinois small town set in the 1950s on one of the many prairie branch lines built by Rock Island lines in better times.
- Hawkesden Road, N Gauge, Exhibited by St. Neots Model Railway Club, The layout is a simple branch line with a through station and the usual goods facilities often found on country branch lines providing materials for local industries Abbie's Mill, Lucy Dairy Co and the Hawkesden Farmer's Co-operative.
- Hinksey Yard, N Gauge, Exhibited by Epsom & Ewell Model Railway Club, Hinksey Yard is situated just south of Oxford. It’s a DB Schenker (formerly EWS) Local Distribution Centre, often called a “Virtual Quarry”. Regular deliveries of ballast are stockpiled to allow trains to be prepared for weekend engineering works.