Wheeltapper Competition 2013
Photographs by Anthony Mead
The Wheeltapper is broken down in to many Categories:
1. Steam Locomotives UK
2. Steam Locomotives non UK
3. Diesel/Electric Locomotives UK
4. Diesel/Electric Locomotives Non UK
5. Passenger/Non-Passenger Coaching Stock UK
6. Passenger/Non-Passenger Coaching Stock Non UK
7. Freight and Engineers Stock UK
8. Freight and Engineers Stock Non UK
9. Road Vehicles, Boats, People, Animals etc THE ROBBIE ROBINSON AWARD
10. Scenic Models: Buildings, Trees, Signals etc THE JACK KINE TROPHY
11. Dioramas & Figurines
12. Okehampton 7mm Wagon Project, THE DEREK TURNER TROPHY
13. CHAIRMAN'S CUP
The Wheeltapper Trophy will be awarded to the best model out of all the above classes.
This years Wheeltapper Competition will take place on Friday the 22nd of March. When invited guest Bob Alderman who is a 7mm modeller and tutor at Missenden Abbey modelling weekends came
along to Judge the models on show and then to come up with the overall winner. He was also heavily involved with the Tornado project and this will be the subject of his talk.
Graham Bucknell (right) receiving the Wheeltapper Trophy from Bob Alderman.
Class 24 Locomotive
Detailed / converted Bachmann Class 24 using Brassmasters cab roof & new tablet catcher to represent an Inverness based Class 24/1, 4mm/ft, OO gauge.
Photographs, by Anthony Mead unless stated otherwise
Below are a selection of models that were entered by other club members for the competition.
Okehampton 7mm Wagon Project/Derek Turner Trophy
The Robbie Robinson Award
The Jack Kine Trophy