Travel by Heyfordian's ‘Executive’ Luxury Coach
Photograph supplied by Heyfordian
No. 8 'Hurricane'
Photograph by Graham Gillson
Courtesy of RH&DR
‘Risborough Venturer’ On the Day:
The first part of our journey will be by luxury 'executive' Heyfordian coach from Stratton Road, Princes Risborough (opposite the Community Centre entrance) to New Romney Station, Kent.
Our steam hauled 'Risborough Venturer' departs for our first Non-Stop run of the day from New Romney to Hythe Station.
The day's schedule allows over 2 hours to enjoy a leisurely lunch 'under your own steam', either in the Hythe station cafeteria or at a pub or reataurant in Hythe town whichever you may prefer.
At 2pm our steam hauled 'Risborough Venturer' will depart to run non-stop via New Romney and Dungeness to arrive back at New Romney at around 3.30pm; and should thus leave enough time to visit the engine shed/loco works area or the cafeteria before our coach departs. Our estimated time of arrival back at Princes Risborough should be by around 6.55pm.
We hope to have subject to availability one or both of the steam locomotives that are listed below pulling our train:
These will carry one of our specially made Headboards (as per our logo above) for the runs, and we will be raffling of one them during the trip.
- No. 2 'Northern Chief'
- No. 8 'Hurricane'
‘Risborough Venturer’ Itinerary:
* Parking in the adjacent public car park is (currently) free all day on Sundays.
- 08.00 dep. Pick-up: Community Centre, Stratton Road, Princes Risborough* (‘Executive’ Luxury Coach, c/w semi-reclining seats)
- 10.40 arr. New Romney (time permitting, visit: Loco’ shed/works or Cafeteria)
- 11.00 dep. Steam hauled ‘Risborough Venturer’ (Booked Non-Stop to Hythe)
- 11.30 arr. Hythe (Disperse for lunch/explore old town ‘under your own steam’)
- 14.00 dep. Steam hauled ‘Risborough Venturer’ (Booked Non-Stop via Dungeness to New Romney; thus covering the entire RH&DR route)
- 15.30 arr. New Romney (visit: Loco’ shed/workshop and/or Cafeteria)
- 16.00 dep. New Romney (same coach home as outward)
- 18.55 (approx.) arr. Princes Risborough (Community Centre set-down point*).
All this at only £45 per person!
More details on the RH&DR can be found on their website.
We look forward to welcoming you aboard the 2018 ‘Risborough Venturer’