FestiRail Model Railway Exhibition
Community Centre(adjacent to Springs swimming pool), Wades Park, Stratton Road, Princes Risborough, Bucks, HP27 9AX
Saturday the 7th July
11.00 - 16.00
This is part of the Princes Risborough Town Festival week, this is an informal event where you have the opportunity to see the clubs current projects and to discuss all aspects of modelling. For this we have taken over the whole of the Community Centre, to showcase what we get up to, plus there will be modelling demonstrations and displays of track laying, scenery, electrics, layout research, kit-building, detailing and
weathering in a variety of scales from N through 00, 4mm finescale to 7mm.
The following layouts are down to be setup and running:
Why not down load our FestiRail Poster to display in your club room, your town or at your local exhibition.
- Aylesbury LNWR, EM Gauge, Exhibited by Risborough & District Model Railway Club, Set in the Edwardian era circa.1910, the layout depicts the whole of the station (old High Street station long since gone) complex with engine shed, goods yard and gas works, amongst the back drop of the town.
- Aylesbury Town, P4 Gauge, Exhibited by Risborough & District MRC, See our under construction scale model of this station, set in the 1950s/60s, this will allow a mix of stock, GC, Metropolitan, LNER, GW, BR etc, with both through trains and stopping services(north & south), with local trains for Amersham, plus branch trains to Princes Risborough.
- Loughborough Road, OO Gauge, Exhibited by Alan Paley, 3 railways, the Melton Mowbray and Nottingham Railway, LNWR and Midland had access to a cramped terminus at Loughborough Rd. So the time period is 1900 to 1930 with MR, LNWR and LMS stock.
- Okehampton, O Gauge, Exhibited by Risborough & District Model Railway Club, The whole scenic section, with station, engine shed and yard area of our large southern layout, where a variety of locos can be seen shunting about.
- Shunting Puzzle, O Gauge, Exhibited by Risborough & District Model Railway Club, Come and test your skill on our Shutting Puzzle, there is a small cost to enter, but the fastest time will win a prize.
Only disabled car parking places are available at the Community Centre, therefore
all other visitors are required to park in the Mount Carpark in Stratton Road
(Follow brown Leisure Centre signs to just past St. Mary's Church). Please note that this is pay and display.
Half hourly bus service from
Aylesbury or High Wycombe. 15 minute walk from Chiltern Railway station with
regular trains from Birmingham, Banbury, Aylesbury or London Marylebone,
25 minutes drive from M40 Junction 6 via B4009.
Light refreshments will be available.